sez the Kindly Contributor:
here is the late Eng. Johnson Creek scam from a
different person. Also I asked what was required of
me just for kicks and grins.
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kindly Contributor
Subject: Re: Confidential Assistance.
To: Rafiu Momoh (email@example.com)
What is required of me?
--- Rafiu Momoh (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote:
TELE/FAX:1 509 963 1068
UNION BANK PLC.
First, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction, this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly CONFIDENTIAL and TOP SECRET. [ yeah, yeah, whatever ] Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. We have decided to contact you by e-mail due to the urgency of this transaction, as we have been reliably informed of it's swiftness and confidentiality. Let me start by first introducing myself properly to you. I am MR Rafiu Momoh , a Manager at the Union Bank Nigeria PLC, Lagos. I came to know of you in my private search for a reliable and reputable person to handle a very confidential transaction which involves the transfer of a huge sum of money to a foreign account requiring maximum confidence.THE PROPOSITION:
A foreigner, late Engineer Johnson Creek, an Oil Merchant / contractor with the federal Govenment of Nigeria, until his death three years ago in a ghastly air crash, banked with us here at Union Bank PLC., Lagos, and had a closing balance of USD$38.M ( Thirty Eight Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) which the bank now unquestionably expects to be claimed by any of his available foreign next of kin or alternatively be donated to a discredited trust fund for alms and ammunition at a military war college here in Nigeria.
Fervent valuable efforts are being made by the Union Bank to get in touch with any of the Creek family or relatives but all have proved to no avail.It is because of the perceived possibility of not going to be able to locate any of late Engr. Johnson Creek's next of kin (he had no known wife and children) that the management under the influence of our Chairman, board of directors, Retired Major General Kalu Uke Kalu, that an arrangement for the fund to be declared "UNCLAIMABLE" and then be subsequently donated to the Trust Fund for Alms and Ammunition which will further enhance the course of war in Africa and the world in general.
In order to avert this negative development, myself and some of my trusted colleagues in the bank now seek for your permission to have you stand as late Engr. Johnson Creek's next of kin so that the fund, USD$38.5M would be subsequently transferred and paid into your bank account as the beneficiary next of kin. All documents and proves to enable you get this fund have been carefully worked out and we are assuring you a 100% risk free involvement. Your share would be 30% of the total amount. 10% has been set aside for expenses while the rest would be for myself and my colleagues for investment purposes in your country.
If this proposal is OK. by you and you do not wish to take advantage of the trust we hope to bestow on you and your company, then kindly get to me immediately via my e-mail furnishing me with your most confidential telephone, fax number and exclusive e-mail so that I can forward to you the relevant details of this transaction.Thank you in advance for your anticipated co-operation.
MR RAFIU MOMOH,
Here is his response:
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:08:49 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for your urgent response.I was really worried when I did hear from you very some few day.Please my friend I would want to asure you that in this project you don't have anything to worry about all what I need from you is to sent a letter of claims to the International Remittance Departmant. Let me start by telling you the genessis of my contacting you.
I had a friend, who I met several years ago while on
a course on banking innovation in your country. He was a nice friend whom
I exchanged a lot of idears with. [ oh dear ]
Unfortunately, I lost his contact address. Now when this
opprtunity came by and we at the bank wanted somebody to assume the
next of kin of late J. Creek, I decided to serach for his
contact address. But when I consulted the internet for that, your contact email came out. I wonderd whether to tell you of this transaction,
[ after all, there are only about 6 billion other people in the world ]
but when we realised that we can not allow that fund to be used for donation to the war collage, we decided to contact you, hoping that we can trust you.
Now, our fear is, whether you can keep this secret to your self. I have told you that all modalities have been perfectly worked out. This is a 100% risk free transaction. If we can trust you, then you would have to keep to my instruction to make this money get to your account. I have worked in this bank for about 16 years and I konw what is obtainable in this type of transaction. Furthermore, my country is a very corrupt one where everybody has to engage in deals like this to survive. Also, it is not every day that things like this happen, because not everyday that people tell you the source of there wealth. If you keep your ears to the ground, you would find out that a lot more happen. This, though, is not an entirely corrupt transaction, but one with every ethical backing.
So, if you are capable of handling this project, then call me om my CONFIDENTIAL tel/fax number: + 234 1 2673257 or send to letter of claims below to the banks for us to kick off this project.I shall also try and call tommorow morning.I expect your response urgently. Thank you and God bless you RAFIU. ************************************
Please I would want you to fill the letter of claims below and send to the International Remittance Department office of my Bnak so hopefully by the end of next week the funds should be in your account.And please you most not mention my name to any body and even act as if you know any one here in Nigeria.
ATTENTION: MRS. GRACE EFFIONG
I am writing in respect of Late Engr. Johnson Creek's account number 4539000910. I am sorry for having not been able to come forward to claim my late cousine's estate as stated in some of the documents you have over there. I have been away from my country all this while to Japan on a very serious private mission of which I just got back, and I'm now set to claim my inheritance $38.5M (Thirty Eight Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) which came by from CONTRACT NUMBER: NNPC/PED/4700-KWD-95 my late cousines company did for the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Madam, I would be very glad if my inheritance issue is looked into and the fund payed into my bank account which particulars are below:NAME OF BANK:.......................................
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER:......................................
BENEFICIARY'S NAME: (YOUR FULL NAMES)
Furthermore, if you have any question or would wish to contact me on this matter, please feel free to do so by calling me on the above telephone and fax numbers. And should incase I can't come over to Nigeria personally on this matter, I would want you to apoint an Attorney in your country to act on my behaif in Lagos.I am looking forward to your ever anticipated co-operation.
Thank you and God Bless.
********************Below are some vital information for you about Johnson Creek:
FULL NAMES: JOHNSON JUAN CREEK.
NATURE OF CONTRACT: SUPPLY/INSTULATION
If you fell for this, you'd be up the Creek. So to speak.
THE FIRST 125 1. Request for Urgent Business Relationship (Alhaji D. Bayero)
2. Strictly Confidential (Dr. Andrew A. Okoya)
3. Return of Request for Urgent Business Relationship (Harriman Awele)
4. Strictly Confidential (Mr. Nat Chuka)
5. Son of Urgent Business Relationship
6. From Engr. Sadiq Dan-Musa
7. From the Tender Committee
8. Request of Busines Collaboration (Chief Emeka Chukwu)
9. Urgent Business Relationship (sigh) (Dr. Bodex Iyere)
10. Business Proposal (Dr. Stolen Name, B.Sc, M.Sc. Ph. D MNIM, MCIA)
11. Business Proposal (Dr. Pat Gbens B.Sc.,M.Sc.Ph.D MNIM,MCIA)
12. Attention President/CEO (Kayode Bello)
13. Participatory Financial Transaction (Engr. Bruno Adams)
14. Urgent and Beneficial (Dr. Usman Bello)
15. Business Proposal (Bello again)
16. Business Proposal (Egobia Jude)
17. Strictly confidential/Urgent (Bello Abubakar)
18. Yours faithfully Joe Obaseki
19. Sign and Stamp Peter Usman and Alhaji Haruna
20. Yours faithfully Mr Charles Ibru
21. From Dr. Kotoko Kassim
22. Capital Flight (Olu Jacobs/Dr shafi.L.obajare)
23. Petroleum Trust Fund (Dada Bello)
24. Confidential Business Proposal (Olamide Davies)
25. Overinvoiced accounts, yada yada [Dr. Odu Kabba]
26. The suffering masses of the Niger Delta (Kenneth Birabi [P.hd])
27. Mr. John Abah wants to give you 5% of $30.5million!
28. Usman Bello, or is it Bako ..to the tune of US$21.5M [ also Dr. Teco Aloma, Dr. Moses Ukuta, Dr. Usman Atiko ]
29. Engr. Alex Edusa, or is it Edu ..to the tune of US$21.5M (oh yeah, and Dr. Teco Aloma)
30. Life Time Opportunity from Dr. Idiamo
31. offshore account anywhere safe
32. FIFA World Youth Championship (Dr. Yussuf)
33. Urgent Business Execution (gulp) (Abu Waziri)
34. Request for Assistance (Alhaji Hassan Y. Mohammed)
35. Although this letter may come to you as a surprise... (Mr Hakeem Suleiman)
36. Although this letter may come to you as a surprise... (Dr. Hassan Ahmed)
37. Compliments of the season (Dr. Shehu Bin)
38. Trust Fund for Alms and Ammunition (Omar El-Dagash, Lukmon Idris)
39. This contract was over invoiced (Dr. Sheriff Lawal)
40. The nature of your business is not particularly relevant (Dr. Kingsley Ude)
41. We did over-inflate the contracts (Mr. Kingsley Chiugo)
42. Floating in the suspense account [Mr. Mark Yemego]
43. we will not want to miss this opportunity [Dr. Patrick Osunde]
44. Dr. Ahmed Sani wants your money (ditto Dr. Mahmud Sule, Dr. Pepple Ada, Dr. Aminu Tanko)
45. In search of a reliable and reputable person ( Dada Musa )
46. Major Hamza AL- Mustapha is currently being detained (Taiwo Adams)
47. I was to meet you in your country in the course of a government delegation (Francis Osshoma, Ph.D.)
48. capital investment [Martins Opara]
49. quote this reference number (ve/s/09/99) in all your responses [Dr. Philip Giwa]
50. My letter may come to you as surprise (Dr. Benjamin Luwa)
51. My brother Maj. Hamza El-Mustapha and his mistress in Lebanon [Col. Zaki El-Mustapha (RTD.)]
52. NNPC and Ghana liquefied gas project [ Mr. Tunde Darocha ]
53. Harcourt and Warri refineries [ Dr.El-Baba Linkon Ph.D,FNSE,mni ]
54. When I consulted the internet...your contact email came out [ Saliu Mukhail ]
55. my only hope now is this available us$50,000,000 cash ( Lady Maryam Abacha )
56. Nigerian football association, $12.8M [ Prince Adeola Hopewell ]
57. Federal Government Contract Review Panel ( Dr Paul Obi / Dr Solomon Igbo / Mr Henry Aigbe )
58. Communication via Email is insecure for this Deal [ Usman Bello ]
59. let Honesty and Trust be our watchword throughout this transaction ( Dr. Sammy Eze )
60. the safety of our various families matters most [ Usman Bello ]
61. $20M lying around going to waste [Mr. Michael Okon]
62. Nigerian Federal Ministry of Works and Housing - a measly $16.5M [Ike Olarotimi (Engr)]
63. the trust reposed in you at this juncture is enormous (DR. Okonkwo Yemego)
64. we have been reliably informed of your honesty and ability [Dr. Adams Powell]
65. Confidentiality is our watchword, mutual trust is our beacon. (Dr. Usman Bello)
66. I am Dr. Fred Ikem, king of stings. Look upon my works, ye mighty...
67. Call me tomorrow...so that we can get intimated [ Dr. Chris Okonkwo ]
68. Federal Government Contract Review Panel with bells on ( Dr. T. S. Adepipe )
69. My getting your address is the handwork of almighty God [ Dr. Henry Emeka Oha ]
70. this point of Victory, which is not too far away ( Engr. Garuba Bello )
71. in my search for a trust worthy and sincere person [ Engr. Peter Jacobs ]
72. Bello rides again: something went wrong with his Swiss bank account
73. I am a staff in the Federal Ministry of Mines and Power ( Frank Odili )
74. I was a moslem until a 18months ago when the master Jesus met me [ Audu Bamiayi ]
75. ...in preference to demanding or accepting bribes and kickbacks (Dr. D. Osayi)
76. Though my father died a natural death ( Lamin Bangura )
77. Ministry of Petroleum Resources, $30M [ Dr. Demola Johnson ]
78. oblige me details of your bank account [ Engr. Sani Muyiwa ]
79. a suitable percentage (%) will be mapped out ( Usman Tanko/Tanko Usman )
80. please keep trying till you get through ( Mr. Ben Alabi (MNIM) )
81. the operational word here are secrecy and confidentiality [ Prince Dr. Williams Amadi ]
82. Save Our Soul - 30% of $300M ( Zinab Abacha )
83. my country has no reward for hard labour and honesty [ Dr. Joseph Wayas ]
84. please treat it like a blood brother affair ( Dr. Chinaka Steve )
85. I am only trying my best not to be noticed by my government. [ Saleem Abdulsalami Abubakar, Dr., Uche J. Williams ]
86. It might surprise you why we choose you ( Dr. Jude Obi )
87. It is with heartful hope that I write [ Mrs. Anne Henri K. Bedie ]
88. this is only known to you, myself, and the widow Mrs. Maryam Abach ( Musa Muazu )
89. Nigerian Ministry of Aviation $36M [ Mr. Joe Wilson ]
90. Upon the recommendation of your goodself - 30/10/60 of $32M [ Bello Giwa ]
91. Through tenacious effort and well-expanded energy - 25/65/20 of $43.5M, hike! ( Dr. Sunday Okereke )
92. payable by solar draft or cheque in your name $17.3M [ Murtala Orinami ]
93. trustworthy businessman-qualities which are hard to find ( Mr. Paul Onyema, p.h.d Holder )
94. Of a Lori, to a Lori, Olori [ Engr. Richard Olori ]
95. Ein Ausländer, Verstorbene Ingenieur Johnson Creek ( Mr. Ade Olatude, Diplom Kaufman odudu ola )
96. Johnson Creek's hearse rides again... [ Paul Isimeme ]
97. Advise on lucrative areas for investment ($14.3M) [ Engr. Abel Ubekwu ]
98. ...the care of an obscure foreigner ( Amadi Howells ESQ / Polo Anyanwu / Estelle Djeri / Linda Akabo / Ahmed Tanko )
99. I need your assistance urgently - Orient Petroleum ( Martins Osagie / Alego Hassan ?)
100. All I request from you is a foreign account [ Dr. Ola Akins ]
101. FMPMR - a measly $18.6M ( Dr. Andrew Onyeije )
102. Bye and God Bless [ Dr. Emeka Bako ]
103. O, woe is me - 25% of $31M ( Dr. Jacob Owo )
104. That's Johnson JUAN Creek [ Rafiu Momoh ]
105. ...deep business relationship ( Dr. Rufai Garba )
106. Former chief chemist of the NNPC [ Pastor John Owo (b.Eng.Chem) ]
107. Undeclared windfall sales of crude oil, 30% of $15.5M ( Pat Uche )
108. Total ignorance of the business world, 20% of $22,054,000 (Lucky Kennedy)
109. Return of Turn Around Maintenance, 25% of $24M [ Mr. Phillip Asiodu ]
110. Thank you and God bless, 10% of $20M ( Dr Olu Cole )
111. Request for Assistance, National Economic Planning Commission, 30% of $18.36M [ Dr Paul B. Giwa ]
112. We believe that good people like you still exist in this world, 40% of $35M ( Dr Usman Musa )
113. A new life: Sweet heart, My name is [ Sanni Ahmed ]
114. My deepest prayers for you - 30% of $20M ( Mustapha Hassan )
115. I am not so vast in huge investment opportunities ( Mr. Michel Bumbo )
116. But this one is different, really! 10% of $20.1M - after tax [ John Momoh ]
117. I will not want my identity revealed [ Mrs. P. Mobutu Sese-Seko ]
118. Very urgent, please self my soul ( Susan Usman Bello / Mariam B. Wase? )
119. Mrs. Abacha gets a PhD ( ?% of $50M )[ Dr (Mrs.) Maryam Abacha ]
120. Ministry of Mines, Sierra Leone - 25% of $36.5M ( Captain Smart Ahmmed )
121. To be precise, I am David Johnson - 10% of $85M [ David Johnson ]
122. Return of Nigerian football association, some unknown % of $12.8M ( Dr. Dele Johnson )
123. Petroleum trust fund money release order - 27% of $32.7M [ Dr. Sam Okobi ]
124. Sierra-Leone Mining Co-operation, $30M (Paul Williams)
125. This is our life and I trust you with it [ Mariam Bola Wase ]