Two consecutive letters received in Italy by an intrepid Kindly Contributor. Don't try this at home!
To: (Kindly Contributor)
REQUEST FOR AN URGENT BUSINESS TRANSACTION
I am Mr. Phillip Asiodu. My main purpose of contacting you is to solicit for your co-operation and assistance to champion this business, which requires your immediate and unalloyed support to explore its potentials and overall success.
I am a petroleum engineer by profession and was the former head of the special project department of the Ministry of petroleum resources between 1990-1998.
Presently, I am the General Executive Director (GED) of the Federal Ministry of Finance of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This unit is charged amongst others to verify, inspect, audit and make recommendations to other statuary bodies charged with the responsibilities to make payments to contractors (local and foreign) who have executed special priority projects in the downstream sector of the petroleum ministry. It is in respect to one of the contracts that was executed while I was still head of special projects department which was personally supervised by me that now I decided to contact you.
The contract in question was for the construction of sixteen booster stations as well as gas pipeline laying from oil rich Niger delta areas of the southern Nigeria to non oil producing Northern Nigeria spanning over 10,000km(Ten thousand kilometer). This turnkey project was executed at a total cost of $USD120M (One Hundred and Twenty Thousand United States Dollars). However, out of this amount, 20% was mapped out as cost of Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) after a Three year period.
Following the completion of the initial contract, the (TAM) contract was awarded to a company by the then Military regime of the former junta solely for the aim of collecting the $USD24M set aside for the TAM. Following the sudden death of the former dictator Gen. Sani Abacha, on the 8tyh 0f June 1998, this contract did not see the end of the day. This particular event has now set the tone why your immediate attention is needed. It might be necessary to pause here to inform you that from high level investigation carried out by me, the company that was awarded this contract was a "ghost"company. By this, I mean that the company does not exist. What the military junta of the dictator intended to achieve was to use this company to collect the TAM sum and compel me as they previously and severally did to certify that the contract was executed. Infact, highly classified documents in my possession only at the moment reveal, that about $USD700M was diverted oversea accounts of foreigners who presented their companies as proxies to former military officers to collect such monies. I have now received instructions from the Presidency to submit my report on the above contract. In my preliminary report, which I intend to submit by the end of next month, I have stated that the contract was subcontracted to a sister company of the other contractor. Furthermore, I have carefully omitted the name of this sister company as the subcontractor which will automatically qualify your company to be paid the TAM sum $USD24M.
You might find this offer a little bit strange but this deal has been in practice for a long time and it is only by a fate of destiny that I now contacted you. I want to assure you that the bulk of this arrangement rests on my shoulders but without your assistance I cannot do much and this opportunity will slip of my hands. Besides, I will be retiring from the public service having put in 34years out of the mandatory retirement age of 35years and this is my only means of ensuring a secured life for myself and my eight children as there is no adequate social security in place for retired public servants here in Nigeria.
Once I receive your positive response, I will divulge more information as regards the water tight machinery that I have already put in place to ensure an absolute and speedy conclusion of this transaction with no risk whatsoever on your part. However, should you not be favorable disposed to respond positively please kindly indicate and accept my regrets. Finally please kindly accord the content of this letter its due confidentiality in view of the face that I am still in service. I hope you will revert to this mail at your earliest convenience.
May God bless you and give you the wisdom to decide.
And then s/he wrote:
To: (Kindly Contributor)
First, I must elaborate more about the impending business. Having discovered this floating sum USD$24,000,000.00 (Twenty Four Million United States Dollars Only) and the secret intention of the Late Head of State to transfer the fund into a foreign account, it never took me time to reason out how to exploit such a rare opportunity.Ever since I made the discovery of this floating fund, mind had been fully occupied with the thought of utilizing this golden opportunity and I have meticulously mapped out a perfect strategies and the modalities to be followed in actualizing this life time opportunity.
Since the fund was realized from project executed for the Petroleum Resources Department by a foreign firm, I must of a necessity prepare our processing of this payment to reflect that your company actually executed the contract. In this regard the steps below must be strictly followed:
1. I will duly register and incorporate your company's name as a limited liability company in Nigeria, under the company and allied matter degree of Nigeria. By this measure your company will acquire full legitimacy to operate in Nigeria and when I recommend your company's name for payment no eyebrow will be raised.
2. The company name chosen by us and incorporated will consequently be registered with the Ministry of Petroleum Resources thereby making it possible for the firm to qualifies for contract bidding with the Ministry.
3. From my first letter you must understand that since this project were executed some years back, a company can only lay claim for this money if it had existed with the said period. This being the case, it is imperative that all the documents arising from 1 and 2 above must be appropriately backdated.
4. If the above steps are logical it will equally be logical that the company in question must have accrued some taxes commensurate with its years of existence in the country, hence I will also get a tax clearance certificate to this effect.
Having completed the above steps carefully which will take me 2 to 3 days to conclude, the stage will then be set for the payment of this money into the account you will provide. With the certificates and documents obtained from step 1 to 4 above, you can confidently make claims to the fund because I will submit your company name as the Sister Company that originally executed the contract in my report. Once I grant recommendation for payment approval on behalf of your company, payment would be made immediately to you. Although the above steps may appears a bit rigorous, but the entire transaction would not last up to 14 working days.
YOUR ROLE: Since the fund USD$24,000,000.00 (Twenty Million Four United States Dollars Only) was originally mapped out for TAM payable to a foreign company which I have also carefully omitted, it automatically qualifies your company as the beneficiary of the fund. Essentially, you will act as the fund beneficiary by providing your company detail with which to receive this money in your account pending my arrival to your country. I will not be exposed nor noticed as part of this deal as I am still in active Civil service, and I will be guiding you secretly step by step until the fund is remitted into the bank account you will provide.
MY ROLE: I will take the responsibility of generating all the vital and essential contract payment documents and also submits it to the appropriate departments for approval and payment. As you already know that I am the General Executive Director (GED) of the Federal Ministry and our unit as you know is charged among other things to verify, inspect, audit and recommend to other statuary bodies to make payment to contractors both foreign and local. As the head of this unit the payment is ours that's why I don't want to leave any stone un-turn in the bid to get this money transfer into your account.
SHARING: The money will be shared in 25:75 ratio that is 25% of the total sum for you and 75% of the total sum for me.
Finally, you must never reveal my involvement in this transaction to anybody, as this transaction requires absolute secrecy [ which is why it was sent by e-mail ], confidentiality, sincerity and promptness. It also demands constant interaction amongst us so that we can effectively exchange views and bare our mind on the business. Hence there must be constant communication, by phone, fax, and email. Considering the nature of this deal (business transaction) you must provide me with your private and confidential phone and fax numbers where message can be sent to you. I must assure you that this transaction is 100% risk free but needs maturity of mind [ and absolute naivete ].
I await your urgent response with company's detail.
THE FIRST 125 1. Request for Urgent Business Relationship (Alhaji D. Bayero)
2. Strictly Confidential (Dr. Andrew A. Okoya)
3. Return of Request for Urgent Business Relationship (Harriman Awele)
4. Strictly Confidential (Mr. Nat Chuka)
5. Son of Urgent Business Relationship
6. From Engr. Sadiq Dan-Musa
7. From the Tender Committee
8. Request of Busines Collaboration (Chief Emeka Chukwu)
9. Urgent Business Relationship (sigh) (Dr. Bodex Iyere)
10. Business Proposal (Dr. Stolen Name, B.Sc, M.Sc. Ph. D MNIM, MCIA)
11. Business Proposal (Dr. Pat Gbens B.Sc.,M.Sc.Ph.D MNIM,MCIA)
12. Attention President/CEO (Kayode Bello)
13. Participatory Financial Transaction (Engr. Bruno Adams)
14. Urgent and Beneficial (Dr. Usman Bello)
15. Business Proposal (Bello again)
16. Business Proposal (Egobia Jude)
17. Strictly confidential/Urgent (Bello Abubakar)
18. Yours faithfully Joe Obaseki
19. Sign and Stamp Peter Usman and Alhaji Haruna
20. Yours faithfully Mr Charles Ibru
21. From Dr. Kotoko Kassim
22. Capital Flight (Olu Jacobs/Dr shafi.L.obajare)
23. Petroleum Trust Fund (Dada Bello)
24. Confidential Business Proposal (Olamide Davies)
25. Overinvoiced accounts, yada yada [Dr. Odu Kabba]
26. The suffering masses of the Niger Delta (Kenneth Birabi [P.hd])
27. Mr. John Abah wants to give you 5% of $30.5million!
28. Usman Bello, or is it Bako ..to the tune of US$21.5M [ also Dr. Teco Aloma, Dr. Moses Ukuta, Dr. Usman Atiko ]
29. Engr. Alex Edusa, or is it Edu ..to the tune of US$21.5M (oh yeah, and Dr. Teco Aloma)
30. Life Time Opportunity from Dr. Idiamo
31. offshore account anywhere safe
32. FIFA World Youth Championship (Dr. Yussuf)
33. Urgent Business Execution (gulp) (Abu Waziri)
34. Request for Assistance (Alhaji Hassan Y. Mohammed)
35. Although this letter may come to you as a surprise... (Mr Hakeem Suleiman)
36. Although this letter may come to you as a surprise... (Dr. Hassan Ahmed)
37. Compliments of the season (Dr. Shehu Bin)
38. Trust Fund for Alms and Ammunition (Omar El-Dagash, Lukmon Idris)
39. This contract was over invoiced (Dr. Sheriff Lawal)
40. The nature of your business is not particularly relevant (Dr. Kingsley Ude)
41. We did over-inflate the contracts (Mr. Kingsley Chiugo)
42. Floating in the suspense account [Mr. Mark Yemego]
43. we will not want to miss this opportunity [Dr. Patrick Osunde]
44. Dr. Ahmed Sani wants your money (ditto Dr. Mahmud Sule, Dr. Pepple Ada, Dr. Aminu Tanko)
45. In search of a reliable and reputable person ( Dada Musa )
46. Major Hamza AL- Mustapha is currently being detained (Taiwo Adams)
47. I was to meet you in your country in the course of a government delegation (Francis Osshoma, Ph.D.)
48. capital investment [Martins Opara]
49. quote this reference number (ve/s/09/99) in all your responses [Dr. Philip Giwa]
50. My letter may come to you as surprise (Dr. Benjamin Luwa)
51. My brother Maj. Hamza El-Mustapha and his mistress in Lebanon [Col. Zaki El-Mustapha (RTD.)]
52. NNPC and Ghana liquefied gas project [ Mr. Tunde Darocha ]
53. Harcourt and Warri refineries [ Dr.El-Baba Linkon Ph.D,FNSE,mni ]
54. When I consulted the internet...your contact email came out [ Saliu Mukhail ]
55. my only hope now is this available us$50,000,000 cash ( Lady Maryam Abacha )
56. Nigerian football association, $12.8M [ Prince Adeola Hopewell ]
57. Federal Government Contract Review Panel ( Dr Paul Obi / Dr Solomon Igbo / Mr Henry Aigbe )
58. Communication via Email is insecure for this Deal [ Usman Bello ]
59. let Honesty and Trust be our watchword throughout this transaction ( Dr. Sammy Eze )
60. the safety of our various families matters most [ Usman Bello ]
61. $20M lying around going to waste [Mr. Michael Okon]
62. Nigerian Federal Ministry of Works and Housing - a measly $16.5M [Ike Olarotimi (Engr)]
63. the trust reposed in you at this juncture is enormous (DR. Okonkwo Yemego)
64. we have been reliably informed of your honesty and ability [Dr. Adams Powell]
65. Confidentiality is our watchword, mutual trust is our beacon. (Dr. Usman Bello)
66. I am Dr. Fred Ikem, king of stings. Look upon my works, ye mighty...
67. Call me tomorrow...so that we can get intimated [ Dr. Chris Okonkwo ]
68. Federal Government Contract Review Panel with bells on ( Dr. T. S. Adepipe )
69. My getting your address is the handwork of almighty God [ Dr. Henry Emeka Oha ]
70. this point of Victory, which is not too far away ( Engr. Garuba Bello )
71. in my search for a trust worthy and sincere person [ Engr. Peter Jacobs ]
72. Bello rides again: something went wrong with his Swiss bank account
73. I am a staff in the Federal Ministry of Mines and Power ( Frank Odili )
74. I was a moslem until a 18months ago when the master Jesus met me [ Audu Bamiayi ]
75. ...in preference to demanding or accepting bribes and kickbacks (Dr. D. Osayi)
76. Though my father died a natural death ( Lamin Bangura )
77. Ministry of Petroleum Resources, $30M [ Dr. Demola Johnson ]
78. oblige me details of your bank account [ Engr. Sani Muyiwa ]
79. a suitable percentage (%) will be mapped out ( Usman Tanko/Tanko Usman )
80. please keep trying till you get through ( Mr. Ben Alabi (MNIM) )
81. the operational word here are secrecy and confidentiality [ Prince Dr. Williams Amadi ]
82. Save Our Soul - 30% of $300M ( Zinab Abacha )
83. my country has no reward for hard labour and honesty [ Dr. Joseph Wayas ]
84. please treat it like a blood brother affair ( Dr. Chinaka Steve )
85. I am only trying my best not to be noticed by my government. [ Saleem Abdulsalami Abubakar, Dr., Uche J. Williams ]
86. It might surprise you why we choose you ( Dr. Jude Obi )
87. It is with heartful hope that I write [ Mrs. Anne Henri K. Bedie ]
88. this is only known to you, myself, and the widow Mrs. Maryam Abach ( Musa Muazu )
89. Nigerian Ministry of Aviation $36M [ Mr. Joe Wilson ]
90. Upon the recommendation of your goodself - 30/10/60 of $32M [ Bello Giwa ]
91. Through tenacious effort and well-expanded energy - 25/65/20 of $43.5M, hike! ( Dr. Sunday Okereke )
92. payable by solar draft or cheque in your name $17.3M [ Murtala Orinami ]
93. trustworthy businessman-qualities which are hard to find ( Mr. Paul Onyema, p.h.d Holder )
94. Of a Lori, to a Lori, Olori [ Engr. Richard Olori ]
95. Ein Ausländer, Verstorbene Ingenieur Johnson Creek ( Mr. Ade Olatude, Diplom Kaufman odudu ola )
96. Johnson Creek's hearse rides again... [ Paul Isimeme ]
97. Advise on lucrative areas for investment ($14.3M) [ Engr. Abel Ubekwu ]
98. ...the care of an obscure foreigner ( Amadi Howells ESQ / Polo Anyanwu / Estelle Djeri / Linda Akabo / Ahmed Tanko )
99. I need your assistance urgently - Orient Petroleum ( Martins Osagie / Alego Hassan ?)
100. All I request from you is a foreign account [ Dr. Ola Akins ]
101. FMPMR - a measly $18.6M ( Dr. Andrew Onyeije )
102. Bye and God Bless [ Dr. Emeka Bako ]
103. O, woe is me - 25% of $31M ( Dr. Jacob Owo )
104. That's Johnson JUAN Creek [ Rafiu Momoh ]
105. ...deep business relationship ( Dr. Rufai Garba )
106. Former chief chemist of the NNPC [ Pastor John Owo (b.Eng.Chem) ]
107. Undeclared windfall sales of crude oil, 30% of $15.5M ( Pat Uche )
108. Total ignorance of the business world, 20% of $22,054,000 (Lucky Kennedy)
109. Return of Turn Around Maintenance, 25% of $24M [ Mr. Phillip Asiodu ]
110. Thank you and God bless, 10% of $20M ( Dr Olu Cole )
111. Request for Assistance, National Economic Planning Commission, 30% of $18.36M [ Dr Paul B. Giwa ]
112. We believe that good people like you still exist in this world, 40% of $35M ( Dr Usman Musa )
113. A new life: Sweet heart, My name is [ Sanni Ahmed ]
114. My deepest prayers for you - 30% of $20M ( Mustapha Hassan )
115. I am not so vast in huge investment opportunities ( Mr. Michel Bumbo )
116. But this one is different, really! 10% of $20.1M - after tax [ John Momoh ]
117. I will not want my identity revealed [ Mrs. P. Mobutu Sese-Seko ]
118. Very urgent, please self my soul ( Susan Usman Bello / Mariam B. Wase? )
119. Mrs. Abacha gets a PhD ( ?% of $50M )[ Dr (Mrs.) Maryam Abacha ]
120. Ministry of Mines, Sierra Leone - 25% of $36.5M ( Captain Smart Ahmmed )
121. To be precise, I am David Johnson - 10% of $85M [ David Johnson ]
122. Return of Nigerian football association, some unknown % of $12.8M ( Dr. Dele Johnson )
123. Petroleum trust fund money release order - 27% of $32.7M [ Dr. Sam Okobi ]
124. Sierra-Leone Mining Co-operation, $30M (Paul Williams)
125. This is our life and I trust you with it [ Mariam Bola Wase ]