Says the contributor:
This is the second letter I received from him. The first was the same text as the ones you have. Isn't there anything that could be done to stop this kind of thing? Thanks for your help.
I referred the contributor to the main scam page which includes a few law enforcement links.
|E-mail spam from "Peter Usman"|
|very urgent-your quick response needed ASAP|
Dear (name withheld),
The sum of US$27,800,000.00 is the value of the said contract, which in official circle will be perceived to have been executed by you or your company as a client to the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF). Yes the process of the funds transfer would be highly documented through official means by assuming the protocol of a normal contractual transfer entitlement from the apex bank, which is the final remitting authority. So much so, we are sending herewith this message, a SPECIMEN APPLICATION TEXT (CLAIMS FORM), needed to make this transaction official. You are to transcribe the information required into your letter headed paper filling the requisite into your pro forma invoice which should be sent to us by fax, to enable us submit same for the release of the aforementioned funds into your nominated account.Therefore this money is not in any way related to drug or money laundry scheme.
However, this application will pass through the Contract Award and Monitoring Committee (CAMC) of which the principal partners in this project are constituent members, whose relevant approval and validation report to the government parastatals will certify the claims for the payment. All other approvals to be issued by the Federal Ministry of Finance, the office of the Attorney General of the Federation and the like, are mere procedures for the satisfaction of contractual fund release.Be informed that after confirmation of the beneficiary of the funds, which is a customary procedure when payment are to be made, the entire file of the fund transfer will be returned to us at the CAMC for safe keeping as sole-custodians of all files relating to contract payment for work done for the Federal Statutory Corporations.
The source of this fund is as a result of contracts that were awarded and payment made in favour of different foreign contractors on the instruction of a military dictator who is now late. However, due to policy inconsistencies and oversight on the part of the previous administration, this very amount, thought to have been disbursed through foreign transfer like others, is presently in a suspense account at the apex banking corporation of Nigeria.
Upon commencement of official fund release processes, this transaction is not expected to exceed more than 10 working days and being a foreign outfit, your company is acting on our behalf as an executed contract beneficiary and as such, entitled to receive the funds in your nominated account for us. The legality of this transaction is not in question because normal statutory channels of contractual payment to foreign contractors will be followed and strictly adhered to. The process of this fund transfer is not known to be contrary to other processes of fund transfer associated with most developing nations like Nigeria. so please endeavor to fax the application to us immediately you receive this message. We count on your assistance, as we do not have the resources to do it all alone. I would also as a matter great importance insist that you call me daily in order for me to intimate you with the daily progress of this transaction.Best regards, Peter Usman.
Find below the attached text to be typed on your letterhead paper and proforma invoice, duly signed and stamped and sent to me by telephone/fax on number:234-1-7743607.TYPE (TEXT A) ON YOUR LETTER HEADED PAPER
The Director GeneralBR> Special Allocation DivisionBR> Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund.BR> Wuse Office Complex, P.M.B. 12701.BR> Zone 3 - Abuja.BR> ATTENTION : ALHAJI A . HARUNABR> Dear sir,BR> CONTRACT NO: P.T.F/PED/2039-X95BR> SUPPLY INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF HOSPITAL EQUIPMENT FOR GOVERNMENT OWNED GENERAL HOSPITALS NATION WIDE.BR>
With reference to your letter P.T.F/ PED VOL/03225 dated 23rd January, 1998 and article 9.0 of our supplementary agreement we take the liberty to submit to you the attached invoice No ............... for the amount US$27,800,000.00 (Twenty Seven Million, Eight Hundred Thousand U.S Dollars only) being payment due to us on completion of the above mentioned contract.
In accordance with the aforementioned articles of agreement and all other relevant amendments thereto, we would be pleased if this amount is remitted in full to our undermentioned bank account.BANK NAME
BANKERS ADDRESS ...........................................................................
BANKERS TEL. NO. :...........................
BANK ACCOUNT NO :............................
HOUSE TEL NO.................. FAX NO................
Your prompt settlement of this bill will be highly appreciated.
Thanks for your co-operation.
Stamp and Sign.
TYPE (TEXT B) ON YOUR PROFORMA INVOICE(B)
The Director GeneralSpecial Allocation Division
Petroleum (Special)Trust Funds. INVOICE NO:..........
Wuse Office Complex P.M.B. 12701
ZONE 3- Abuja.
ATTENTION : ALHAJI A. HARUNA
CONTRACT NO. P.T.F/PED/2039-X95
SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF HOSPITAL EQUIPMENT FOR GOVERNMENT OWNED HOSPITALS NATION WIDE.
CONTRACT CODE : 89/F.G.N/P.T.F/95 AMOUNT US. $27,800,000.00
( Twenty Seven Million, Eight Hundred Thousand U.S Dollars Only).
Sign and Stamp.
If you entered here, this is but part of a growing collection of unintentionally(?) funny scam letters.
THE FIRST 125 1. Request for Urgent Business Relationship (Alhaji D. Bayero)
2. Strictly Confidential (Dr. Andrew A. Okoya)
3. Return of Request for Urgent Business Relationship (Harriman Awele)
4. Strictly Confidential (Mr. Nat Chuka)
5. Son of Urgent Business Relationship
6. From Engr. Sadiq Dan-Musa
7. From the Tender Committee
8. Request of Busines Collaboration (Chief Emeka Chukwu)
9. Urgent Business Relationship (sigh) (Dr. Bodex Iyere)
10. Business Proposal (Dr. Stolen Name, B.Sc, M.Sc. Ph. D MNIM, MCIA)
11. Business Proposal (Dr. Pat Gbens B.Sc.,M.Sc.Ph.D MNIM,MCIA)
12. Attention President/CEO (Kayode Bello)
13. Participatory Financial Transaction (Engr. Bruno Adams)
14. Urgent and Beneficial (Dr. Usman Bello)
15. Business Proposal (Bello again)
16. Business Proposal (Egobia Jude)
17. Strictly confidential/Urgent (Bello Abubakar)
18. Yours faithfully Joe Obaseki
19. Sign and Stamp Peter Usman and Alhaji Haruna
20. Yours faithfully Mr Charles Ibru
21. From Dr. Kotoko Kassim
22. Capital Flight (Olu Jacobs/Dr shafi.L.obajare)
23. Petroleum Trust Fund (Dada Bello)
24. Confidential Business Proposal (Olamide Davies)
25. Overinvoiced accounts, yada yada [Dr. Odu Kabba]
26. The suffering masses of the Niger Delta (Kenneth Birabi [P.hd])
27. Mr. John Abah wants to give you 5% of $30.5million!
28. Usman Bello, or is it Bako ..to the tune of US$21.5M [ also Dr. Teco Aloma, Dr. Moses Ukuta, Dr. Usman Atiko ]
29. Engr. Alex Edusa, or is it Edu ..to the tune of US$21.5M (oh yeah, and Dr. Teco Aloma)
30. Life Time Opportunity from Dr. Idiamo
31. offshore account anywhere safe
32. FIFA World Youth Championship (Dr. Yussuf)
33. Urgent Business Execution (gulp) (Abu Waziri)
34. Request for Assistance (Alhaji Hassan Y. Mohammed)
35. Although this letter may come to you as a surprise... (Mr Hakeem Suleiman)
36. Although this letter may come to you as a surprise... (Dr. Hassan Ahmed)
37. Compliments of the season (Dr. Shehu Bin)
38. Trust Fund for Alms and Ammunition (Omar El-Dagash, Lukmon Idris)
39. This contract was over invoiced (Dr. Sheriff Lawal)
40. The nature of your business is not particularly relevant (Dr. Kingsley Ude)
41. We did over-inflate the contracts (Mr. Kingsley Chiugo)
42. Floating in the suspense account [Mr. Mark Yemego]
43. we will not want to miss this opportunity [Dr. Patrick Osunde]
44. Dr. Ahmed Sani wants your money (ditto Dr. Mahmud Sule, Dr. Pepple Ada, Dr. Aminu Tanko)
45. In search of a reliable and reputable person ( Dada Musa )
46. Major Hamza AL- Mustapha is currently being detained (Taiwo Adams)
47. I was to meet you in your country in the course of a government delegation (Francis Osshoma, Ph.D.)
48. capital investment [Martins Opara]
49. quote this reference number (ve/s/09/99) in all your responses [Dr. Philip Giwa]
50. My letter may come to you as surprise (Dr. Benjamin Luwa)
51. My brother Maj. Hamza El-Mustapha and his mistress in Lebanon [Col. Zaki El-Mustapha (RTD.)]
52. NNPC and Ghana liquefied gas project [ Mr. Tunde Darocha ]
53. Harcourt and Warri refineries [ Dr.El-Baba Linkon Ph.D,FNSE,mni ]
54. When I consulted the internet...your contact email came out [ Saliu Mukhail ]
55. my only hope now is this available us$50,000,000 cash ( Lady Maryam Abacha )
56. Nigerian football association, $12.8M [ Prince Adeola Hopewell ]
57. Federal Government Contract Review Panel ( Dr Paul Obi / Dr Solomon Igbo / Mr Henry Aigbe )
58. Communication via Email is insecure for this Deal [ Usman Bello ]
59. let Honesty and Trust be our watchword throughout this transaction ( Dr. Sammy Eze )
60. the safety of our various families matters most [ Usman Bello ]
61. $20M lying around going to waste [Mr. Michael Okon]
62. Nigerian Federal Ministry of Works and Housing - a measly $16.5M [Ike Olarotimi (Engr)]
63. the trust reposed in you at this juncture is enormous (DR. Okonkwo Yemego)
64. we have been reliably informed of your honesty and ability [Dr. Adams Powell]
65. Confidentiality is our watchword, mutual trust is our beacon. (Dr. Usman Bello)
66. I am Dr. Fred Ikem, king of stings. Look upon my works, ye mighty...
67. Call me tomorrow...so that we can get intimated [ Dr. Chris Okonkwo ]
68. Federal Government Contract Review Panel with bells on ( Dr. T. S. Adepipe )
69. My getting your address is the handwork of almighty God [ Dr. Henry Emeka Oha ]
70. this point of Victory, which is not too far away ( Engr. Garuba Bello )
71. in my search for a trust worthy and sincere person [ Engr. Peter Jacobs ]
72. Bello rides again: something went wrong with his Swiss bank account
73. I am a staff in the Federal Ministry of Mines and Power ( Frank Odili )
74. I was a moslem until a 18months ago when the master Jesus met me [ Audu Bamiayi ]
75. ...in preference to demanding or accepting bribes and kickbacks (Dr. D. Osayi)
76. Though my father died a natural death ( Lamin Bangura )
77. Ministry of Petroleum Resources, $30M [ Dr. Demola Johnson ]
78. oblige me details of your bank account [ Engr. Sani Muyiwa ]
79. a suitable percentage (%) will be mapped out ( Usman Tanko/Tanko Usman )
80. please keep trying till you get through ( Mr. Ben Alabi (MNIM) )
81. the operational word here are secrecy and confidentiality [ Prince Dr. Williams Amadi ]
82. Save Our Soul - 30% of $300M ( Zinab Abacha )
83. my country has no reward for hard labour and honesty [ Dr. Joseph Wayas ]
84. please treat it like a blood brother affair ( Dr. Chinaka Steve )
85. I am only trying my best not to be noticed by my government. [ Saleem Abdulsalami Abubakar, Dr., Uche J. Williams ]
86. It might surprise you why we choose you ( Dr. Jude Obi )
87. It is with heartful hope that I write [ Mrs. Anne Henri K. Bedie ]
88. this is only known to you, myself, and the widow Mrs. Maryam Abach ( Musa Muazu )
89. Nigerian Ministry of Aviation $36M [ Mr. Joe Wilson ]
90. Upon the recommendation of your goodself - 30/10/60 of $32M [ Bello Giwa ]
91. Through tenacious effort and well-expanded energy - 25/65/20 of $43.5M, hike! ( Dr. Sunday Okereke )
92. payable by solar draft or cheque in your name $17.3M [ Murtala Orinami ]
93. trustworthy businessman-qualities which are hard to find ( Mr. Paul Onyema, p.h.d Holder )
94. Of a Lori, to a Lori, Olori [ Engr. Richard Olori ]
95. Ein Ausländer, Verstorbene Ingenieur Johnson Creek ( Mr. Ade Olatude, Diplom Kaufman odudu ola )
96. Johnson Creek's hearse rides again... [ Paul Isimeme ]
97. Advise on lucrative areas for investment ($14.3M) [ Engr. Abel Ubekwu ]
98. ...the care of an obscure foreigner ( Amadi Howells ESQ / Polo Anyanwu / Estelle Djeri / Linda Akabo / Ahmed Tanko )
99. I need your assistance urgently - Orient Petroleum ( Martins Osagie / Alego Hassan ?)
100. All I request from you is a foreign account [ Dr. Ola Akins ]
101. FMPMR - a measly $18.6M ( Dr. Andrew Onyeije )
102. Bye and God Bless [ Dr. Emeka Bako ]
103. O, woe is me - 25% of $31M ( Dr. Jacob Owo )
104. That's Johnson JUAN Creek [ Rafiu Momoh ]
105. ...deep business relationship ( Dr. Rufai Garba )
106. Former chief chemist of the NNPC [ Pastor John Owo (b.Eng.Chem) ]
107. Undeclared windfall sales of crude oil, 30% of $15.5M ( Pat Uche )
108. Total ignorance of the business world, 20% of $22,054,000 (Lucky Kennedy)
109. Return of Turn Around Maintenance, 25% of $24M [ Mr. Phillip Asiodu ]
110. Thank you and God bless, 10% of $20M ( Dr Olu Cole )
111. Request for Assistance, National Economic Planning Commission, 30% of $18.36M [ Dr Paul B. Giwa ]
112. We believe that good people like you still exist in this world, 40% of $35M ( Dr Usman Musa )
113. A new life: Sweet heart, My name is [ Sanni Ahmed ]
114. My deepest prayers for you - 30% of $20M ( Mustapha Hassan )
115. I am not so vast in huge investment opportunities ( Mr. Michel Bumbo )
116. But this one is different, really! 10% of $20.1M - after tax [ John Momoh ]
117. I will not want my identity revealed [ Mrs. P. Mobutu Sese-Seko ]
118. Very urgent, please self my soul ( Susan Usman Bello / Mariam B. Wase? )
119. Mrs. Abacha gets a PhD ( ?% of $50M )[ Dr (Mrs.) Maryam Abacha ]
120. Ministry of Mines, Sierra Leone - 25% of $36.5M ( Captain Smart Ahmmed )
121. To be precise, I am David Johnson - 10% of $85M [ David Johnson ]
122. Return of Nigerian football association, some unknown % of $12.8M ( Dr. Dele Johnson )
123. Petroleum trust fund money release order - 27% of $32.7M [ Dr. Sam Okobi ]
124. Sierra-Leone Mining Co-operation, $30M (Paul Williams)
125. This is our life and I trust you with it [ Mariam Bola Wase ]